REGISTERING TO VOTE
1. Registration can take place during In-Person Voting Hours*** Registration can also take place on election day. A Proof of Residence is required. That would include a current Wisconsin Driver's License with a current address, a utility bill, bank statement, cell phone bill, etc. that has a current address and the voter's name. More forms of Proof of Residence can be found at myvote.wi.gov.
2. Another option is to visit https://elections.wi.gov/forms/el-131-fillable. You can either fill in the fillable form or print out and fill in the pdf form. It can be mailed to the Town of Springdale at 2379 Town Hall Rd., Mt. Horeb, WI, 53572 or brought in the day of the election. Do not sign the registration form until you come to the polls so an election inspector can review it and witness your signature.
REQUESTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
1. Visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. At the top of the screen, click on VOTE ABSENTEE and follow the directions. Your request will go into WisVote and be sent to the Town of Springdale via email. Your absentee ballot will be mailed to you within 24 hours of the receipt of your request.
2. Email a request for an absentee ballot to email@example.com. The email must include the date of the election for which you are requesting a ballot and your full name and address.
3. Request an absentee ballot by mail. Mail your request including the date of the letter, the date of the election for which you are requesting a ballot and your full name and address to Town of Springdale, 2379 Town Hall Rd., Mt. Horeb, WI 53572.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR NOVEMBER 3, 2020 ELECTION
1. Absentee Voting – By Mail or In Person:
Absentee ballots will be sent out to all registered voters who make a request. Absentee ballots can be requested online at myvote.wi.gov. Detailed instructions for requesting an absentee ballot online, by email or mail can be found on the Town website at townofspringdale.org. Questions can be directed to the Deputy Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off Official Absentee Ballot Application/Certification envelopes. Certification envelopes can be deposited in the locked drop box by the front door of the Town Hall at any time. The drop box will be checked daily and the returned Absentee Ballot Application/Certification envelopes will be locked in the Town Hall until election day, Nov. 3.
In-person absentee voting in the Town Hall. In-person voting is currently available at the town hall.
The dates for in-person voting are:
Tuesday: 10/27 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10/28 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Thursdays: 10/29 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Saturdays: 10/31 from 9 to 11 a.m.
ALL ABSENTEE BALLOTS RETURNED BEFORE ELECTION DAY IN THE COMPLETED CERTIFICATION ENVELOPE ARE SECURED IN THE LOCKED TOWN HALL UNTIL ELECTION DAY.
ALL ABSENTEE BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE TOWN HALL BY 8 P.M. ON ELECTION DAY.
NO ABSENTEE BALLOTS ARE COUNTED BEFORE THE CLOSE OF POLLS ON ELECTION DAY.
2. Voter Registration:
Oct. 6 – Deadline for new residents in Springdale to register to vote here. Must have proof of their residency by Oct. 6. After Oct. 6, new residents vote in their prior municipality.
Oct. 14 – Deadline for voter registration online at myvote.wi.gov or by mail at Town of Springdale, 2379 Town Hall Rd., Mt. Horeb, WI 53572 or email at email@example.com.
Oct. 15-Oct. 30 at 5 p.m. – In-person voter registration. The schedule will be the same as in-person voting. All clerks will issue a Certificate of Registration to those who vote in person.
Wisconsin requires a photo ID to vote. Learn more at bringit.wisconsin.gov. The Dane County Voter ID Coalition provides free assistance with transportation to the DMV to obtain acceptable identification to vote. For assistance, call (608) 285-2141.
November 3, 2020